Wednesday, July 18, 2007

A Blueberry Breakfast

I just had to have something different for breakfast today so on my way to work I stopped off at Von's, a grocery store here in SoCal. First off I didn't want anything too wild and too sweet, but just enough to hold me over until I get home at 3:30. I have seen their muffins before but never really took them into consideration until today.

Well, I picked the blueberry muffin with the sugar encrusted top and a little blueberry filling. At first I was kind of apprehensive I didn't want to die because it was too sweet. But, to my surprise the muffin wasn't sweet at all. A little on the heavy side but not too dense and the little bit of blueberry filling gave it all the sweetness the muffin needed.

Grocery stores aren't usually the place I would go for these types of things but Von's is surprisingly nice. If you can't find a Von's in your area try Safeway or Pavilions, they are the same company.

4 comments:

toasted said...

yummmm! those giant sugar crystals on top looks so good! :D

Rob Poitras said...

which vons did you go to?

I have never seen anything like that in the valley. Whole Foods also has great muffins.

Lza2mb said...

I went to the one in Anaheim Hills. That Von's seems more upscale than the other ones I have been too. I wish I could go to Whole Foods. I don't know of any in North OC.

Rob Poitras said...

Thanks for the compliment!
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=l&hl=en&geocode=&q=whole+foods&near=anaheim+hills,+ca&ie=UTF8&ll=33.797979,-117.978745&spn=0.407981,0.507431&z=11&om=1
You are right about not that many whole foods in your area. That stinks!

At least you have some trader joes in your area.
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=l&hl=en&geocode=&q=trader+joes&near=anaheim+hills,+ca&ie=UTF8&ll=33.829072,-117.895317&spn=0.407834,0.507431&z=11&om=1

I would rather have TJs over whole paycheck :)